Thursday, March 17, 2016

The Rewards of Teaching Music

Today I was thinking about how blessed I am to teach music to young people. My students are preparing for a studio recital coming up in April, and each is preparing a duet and/or solo to perform. As we get closer, each student has been working on their piece for at least a month and it is SO NEAT to see their practicing pay off!

I have loved watching each student work hard to master something that is above their current ability to play, taking it measure by measure to learn the notes and rhythms, and then to perfect it by adding the dynamics and phrasing to take it to the next level. I especially find the duets to be so rewarding and fun!

Today was a great day in my life of music teaching! I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment