Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Playing in Lamb of God

This past weekend I had the opportunity to play with a group of volunteers from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints who put on a modern oratorio called Lamb of God. This was a special opportunity for me to enjoy playing with a full orchestra, 80 voice choir and soloists in an Easter celebration.

I absolutely loved listening to the recording and marking up my score, writing in pedal changes and cues to prepare. Learning and listening to this music has brought a lot of hope and a better understanding of Jesus' life, death and resurrection. I love the depth that music brings to these emotional moments. I love the sound of the full choir and several times during the performance had chills as I felt their voices and testimonies.

This is my favorite quote from the finale:

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril or sword? Nay. In all these things, we are more than conquerers, through Him that loved us."

Our next performance is this Sunday, March 20th at the Lakewood Stake Center: 10018 Farwest Drive Southwest, Lakewood.

No comments:

Post a Comment